It’s been awhile since I have been consistent with blogs and sharing recipes and I feel the desire arising within me to jump back in and create some more.
I hope you enjoy the words I write and the recipes I create. May the words touch your soul as they do mine, and may the food nourish your every sense.
Today I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe for you. If you are new here – all recipes I create are plant based gluten free. So, I have a non traditional recipe for you all that is tummy friendly and taste bud satisfying!
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Plant Based cookies using natures finest ingredients. Feeding your body well, along with your soul. Nothing artificial, chemical, or synthetic. Just nutrient dense goodness. Feel free to have a couple!
Prep time: 10 min Total Time: 35 Makes: 18
4 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp Miyoko’s plant based butter ( or more coconut oil )
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1 chia or flax egg ( 1 tbsp chia + 3 tbsp water )
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup almond flour
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp psyllium husk powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup chocolate chips / chunks
- Make your chia egg by combining chia seed and water, stirring well, and letting sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Cream together the miyokos, coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
- Add your chia egg and vanilla
- Mix in the remainder of ingredients except the chocolate chips. ( add a splash of water if needed )
- Add the chocolate chips to your liking.
- Once your dough is combined scoop out large tablespoon fulls of dough and make a ball in your hands. Place onto a cookie sheet with parchment or silicone mat. Flatten just slightly.
- Place into the warmed oven and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool ( or not 🙂 ) and enjoy!!!
*These are wonderful dipped into your favorite plant based milk!
I hope you enjoy! See you in the next blog post with more goodness!