I know I’m not the only one that’s been put off by tofu. And I know many of us have steered clear of tofu for the sake of gmo soy.
Here are a couple things that might change your mind – as they did mine!
We now have companies with organic non-gmo soy! Tofu is also great for bone health, fighting cancer, muscle recovery, and its packed with protein when you need a protein boost.
If you still want to stay away from soy, we can make tofu from other types of beans as well! I was pleasantly surprised when I learned this.
Todays recipe is using soy tofu however, as I still need to experiment with the other been varieties. Stay tuned for those!
Tasty Tofu Scramble
Prep Time: 10 min. Total Time 25 min. Makes: 2-3 servings
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 block Firm Tofu ( 8 oz ) crumbled
1 large Yukon potato, diced
1/4 cup zucchini, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 tomato, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced ( optional )
1 tbsp nutritional yeast ( no additives )
2 tbsp tahini
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp turmeric
salt & pepper
top with avocado
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan.
- Dice, mince, crumble, and measure out all your ingredients as listed above, set aside.
- Add the tofu and potato to your skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook until potatoes are soft, another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve your scramble as is, topped with avocado, on top of a piece of toast or bagel!