Holiday Cookies 😊
Orange, almond, peppermint, and clove are my favorite flavorings this time of year. I’ve also been working on recreating the cookie favorites I had as a child into healthier more nutrient full versions. It’s been a treat to experiment and make new creations that are just as good, if not better than their original version. All while knowing I’m filling my body with good nutrition even when I’m treating myself.
Here is an orange flavored cookie similar to a macaroon. I made mine into a round dime shape, however you could definitely make them into ball form like the more traditional macaroon. I hope you enjoy and happy holidays.
Coconut Orange Holiday Macaroons
Prep Time: 10 min. Total Time: 30 min. Makes: Approx. 12
2 cups desiccated coconut
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 tbsp fresh orange juice
1/4 tsp clove powder
3 oz dark chocolate ( pure dark, no sugar or milk )
2 tsp coconut oil
2 tbsp orange zest
- Add all cookie base ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend into decently incorporated until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into small balls. Make into a cookie shape if desired.
- In a saucepan on low heat add the chocolate and coconut oil. Melt slowly on low until full melted.
- Dip your cookies into the melted chocolate and place onto a cookie sheet with a silicone mat. Before the chocolate sets – sprinkle on a little orange zest.
- Let cool in the fridge to set the chocolate ( or not, go ahead and have one! )